Friday, February 4, 2011

28mm Carlist War collection

One of the things I want to do on this blog is to get most of my and the club's miniatures collection online. Long way to go but it means I will switch periods rather radically in my posts over the next weeks or so. A bit like my painting. While busy on a project you think is the coolest ever you browse the web or speak to a friend and order something completely different. Goodbye focus and in the drawer all these nice extra pieces you bought for the army. And if you think of it. Were those specials not the reason I started it in the first place?

Anyway, I have posted these before two years ago somewhere so you might have seen them before...



We use the Sharp Practice ruleset for Carlist War as well. Works fine, we added 3 different bonus card for each side to reflect the differences in the armies. Very simple, for Carlist some modifiers for Fisticuffs and the Isabellino's better firing. Think we also use the Spanish relic cards.

Miniatures by Perry Miniatures with the occasional lost figure. Isabelinos by Rob, Jacco did BAL (need some pictures from you Jake) and I had a good time painting the Carlists.

The Carlist fans can visit the complete Gallery.





















Now back to some painting...ACW. And yes, this week I ordered the new Chindits from Warlord. Couldn't resist.





3 comments:

  1. Great looking miniatures!As far as jumping from period to period when something new grabs you sounds like a perfectly normal and healthy wargamer to me. Now, if on the other hand you said something really radical like always finishing a project before moving on to the next then I would be gravely concerned over your mental state of mind! :-)

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christopher..Finally confirmation! I am normal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have the makings of an article for a Lardies' special.

    Dur Ecu

    ReplyDelete